Saturday, April 18, 2009

Time is flying by

3 months out...
Christmas time has always been fun for me. I am starting to eat better, and by that I mean I can eat more than in the past 2 months. Still about 1/4 of what I sued to eat though. My weight is steadily coming down, I am now 42 lbs down and it seems to change daily. I like that. I am tempted much more than ever in my life with sweets. Weird new thing for me. So far I am able to keep it under check. However, if I want some thing at this point I eat it.
My face is the most noticeable change to me so far. My stomach is much smaller too. I am wearing clothes I haven't had on in years. To think it will get even better is a true dream. I am truly amazed at my energy level. Just losing that small amount, I am already much more energetic. I love it. I am going to water classes regularly, and I am thinking about teaching in the near future. I spoke with the aquatics director before my surgery and mentioned I would be interest in it, and she seem good with that. Weird that I could get paid to work out! I like that too!.
Forgot to mention, I went to Disneyland in Oct. I was only 6 weeks out and I was still a bit tired, but I kept up with the kids. I was so happy about that. I still had to use an extender on my seat belt, but that's OK. I ate and had a blast in Florida. I miss one of our sons who was in college and could not get away. I rode all the rides and just had a blast! Saw my parents and they could tell already. (about my weight loss)
I chose not to tell my grand parents about my surgery and this is why: My father had a type of beriatric surgery and had horrible results. With many complication due to his own non-compliance, he died. I did not want my grandparents to worry that the same thing would happen to him. So they did not know. I am not sure when I will tell them. It was a little awkward while we were out to dinner with them, as I am still eating so little, but they didn't even notice. So there you go...
I am happy. That's reflected in my smile on this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment