Saturday, April 18, 2009

First grass cut of the year!

Saturday April 11, 2009

Today was a nice spring day and I got the bug to cut the grass. I t has been 7 months since I had my surgery. I had not cut the grass in the past couple of years due to my lack of ability to push the mower and walk and keep my breath. It used to be something I enjoyed so much, before I got so large, but as I got bigger, it made it an impossible task for me to complete. Yesterday, however, was a new day. I was so excited to cut the grass. As I started up the mower, I allowed myself to enjoy the job I had long given up!

Cutting the grass was just a symbol of things to come. Of things I was going to be able to do from now on. If I didn’t cut the grass, it would be because I didn’t want to, not because I couldn’t do it.

Earlier in the week I moved 30 bags of mulch, by my self. It is kind of funny to me that I am just now thinking about it. I think it is because I just did it, as if it wasn’t a big deal. See I am changing already!

No comments:

Post a Comment