Saturday, April 11, 2009

Help... the zipper to my fat suit is stuck.

In order to get to DS day, I still had a few more things to do. More tests to run, and more papers to sign. Looking back at it now, it really was a fast process, once I was "approved."
I had my blood drawn again, I had the psych eval done and I had to have my GP send over all my records to Dr. Anthone's office. There was another "class I had to take, that I didn't know was a class. I thought I was just seeing the nurse for some more pre op stuff. It ended up being a huge deal. I wish I had understood that before, as I would have had my husband there also. He, BTW has been so wonderful throughout this whole thing. By my side every step of the way. (Except while I was in the hospital 3 days) I will write about that later...
At this class we learned more of the "how to's" of eating after surgery. She showed us some more pictures of how small our stomachs would be. She also gave us samples of protein drinks, and bars. Talked to us about how horrible we would feel the first couple of weeks. Made sure we knew what our surgery dates and times were. Talked a lot about what would happen the day of surgery, where we park. The whole time I wanted to "push a pause button" so I could run and get my hubby. He would have known what questions to ask, I just sat there and listened. She gave us a lot of handouts and Then sent us on our way.I think I was a like a zombie. A little in shock with the while thing. I was really going to have this surgery. I was actually going to go through with it. I was going to get my life back.
I had said before, I was like an actor who wears a "fat suit" but my zipper was stuck and I couldn't get it off. I wasn't this fat woman everyone could see, I was a normal sized woman who had a fat suit on. I was finally going to get that darn fat suit off!

No comments:

Post a Comment