Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life wOrTh LiViNg...

Well it has been a little over a year since I had my duo switch. My life and my activities have changed drastically.
I now teach water arobics, a year ago, I couldn't even attend arobic regularly.
I now have a full time job, a year ago, I was hardly dependable due to my overweight issues.
I now feel like I have a life worth living, last year, I wondered If it was all worth it.
I can honestly say YES! It was so worth it.

To date I have lost 99 pounds. Yes that's right 99. I so wanted to say 100, but it isn't there yet. I have lost 58% of my excess body weight. I am slightly down from the 60% I should be at at this stage.
I have only lost 5 pounds in the past 3 months. So this is the right time to have my cosmetic surgery. I am scheduled to have my hernia reparied, and my adominoplasty (tummy tuck)
and my brachioplasty (arm lift) on November 3rd.
I am really excited about this and look forward to more weight loss after I recover. The doctor mentioned that once I have this surgery that my metabolism will kick back into gear, and I will start to lose once again.
The way I look at it, I have about 50 more pounds I want to lose. I was told by several doctors that the amount of excess skin I am carring will amount to an immediate 15-20 pound loss.
As for now I am adding tons of protein to prepare for surgery. Doctors orders!

1 comment:

  1. Go Donna! We are so proud of you! Yet, as we root for you on your wt loss journey, you are inspiring us to keep on with ours. You are an excellent aerobics instructor, and I appreciate your dedication.

    ReplyDelete